SIQ Basketball tracks every shot you take even when shooting or playing with friends or teammates. We all know that practicing is hard work especially on your own. But sometimes you have a friend with you and we want you to be able track your shots without your friend messing up your precious stats.
Your shot mechanics create a unique fingerprint that can used to determine that it was you who took the shot. This fingerprint is created automatically using artificial intelligence after you have taken 500 shots. And your fingerprint will be updated along the way as your skills improve, so don't worry about tuning your shot mechanics. We call this Shooter Identification.
But for those situations where you haven't yet taken the 500 shots required? After the shooting session with two shooters, you can split the shots between them in the summary page by pressing the filter in top right corner and selecting two players. The AI will apply its magic and split the session between the shooters. Before you leave the screen, you can either switch back to single shooter or permanently store the split. This is Session Splitting.
You can send your friend's data to them by tapping the share button after swiping right to left on the summary page and pressing share. Type in your friend's email address and press submit.
There are a few requirements for you to get most out of your shooter identification:
- You need to take varied shots from different distances (if you only take free throws, AI can only detect your shot from the line)
- Your data used in building the fingerprint needs to be truly yours. When creating your fingerprint, don't let others shoot with your ball without using Session Splitting
Finally, there are some known situations that may lead to unexpected results:
- Layups and dunks can't be identified
- Session Splitting isn't always available due to too much similarity in the shot mechanics. In such cases, the shots must not be used in building your fingerprint
- Inconsistent shooters might have difficulties in getting these features to work